Monday, August 21, 2017

Birding in Raja Ampat of West Papua

Palm Cockatoo in Raja Ampat
Here is the picture of Palm Cockatoo (Probosciger aterrimus). I saw the bird while I was traveling in Raja Ampat. I also saw Pacific Swallow, Radjah Shelduck, Pinon Imperial Pigeon, Pink Spotted Fruit Dove, Papuan Blyth's Hornbill, Olive-backed Sunbird, Starling, Island Kingfisher and Wilson Bird of Paradise and Red Bird of Paradise.
Red Bird of Paradise
Wild Flowers in the Forest
When I was climbing a steep cape in Fish Lagoon, I saw beautiful flowers. They were orchids, one that I recognized was the Giant Tiger Orchid (Grammatophyllum speciosum). Another one is a terrestrial orchid that I still haven't been able to identify. Here is its picture:
Terrestrial Orchid in Raja Ampat
If you know its name, please, inform me by text message to my email or whatsapp number below.
As a tourist guide, I provide rainforest birding tours for visitors who want to go birdwatching and snorkeling in Raja Ampat, Manokwari, Numfor and Sorong regency.  The duration of the tour is between 3 days to 2 weeks depending on how many places visitors want to visit.
Also read:
Coastal Birds of Raja Ampat
Snorkeling and Birding in Waigeo Island of Raja Ampat
Birdwatching and Snorkeling in Raja Ampat
Rainforest Tours in Raja Ampat

Merchandise

Please, support this blog by buying art drawings and illustrations of wild animals and plants in the form of prints on various products as follows:

Watercolour Sketch of Bird

Watercolour Sketch of Bird
Fruit Dove from Tropical Rainforest

Vector Art Drawing in Inkscape

Vector Art Drawing in Inkscape
Swimming with Whaleshark

Vector art illustration in Inkscape

Vector art illustration in Inkscape
Baby leatherback turtle was reaching for the sea

Drawing of Paradise Bird

Drawing of Paradise Bird
Lesser Birds of Paradise art print on classic T-shirt

Digital Drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook

Digital Drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook
A Couple of Red Bird of Paradise